Gill Glare Floating Sunglasses
Functionality is all-important when choosing sunglasses for use on the water, but so is appearance. We understand this, which is why we use both our sailing knowledge and our design expertise when crafting each and every pair of our Gill sunglasses.
These are no exception, with their fully polarised lenses, clever construction (which allows them to float) and on-trend design. We even add a special coating to the lenses which repels everything from salt residue and fingerprints, to sun lotion.
- Polarized lens technology.
- Integral floatation.
- Hydrophobic outer coating sheds water and reduces salt residue for clear vision.
- Oleophobic technology applied to the inside face repels fingerprints, sun lotion and skin oils.
- Grade 1 Optic lenses designed to exceed EN safety standards.
- Glare-free vision.
- Clear contrasts.
- Reduced eye fatigue.
- 100% UV 400 protection.
- Filter category 3 lenses allowing 8-18% light transmission and are useful in bright sunlight, driving and general purpose wear.
Polarized lenses are made up of a number of functional elements ultra-carefully bonded together to achieve a high-performance optical product: The main element of the sandwich lens construction is the polarizing light filter in the centre. Laminated to both sides of the filter are UV light absorbers, which block 100% of harmful UVA, UVB, and UVC radiation. Optically corrected, shatter-resistant cushion elements are laminated to both sides of the UV absorbers, followed by a unique scratch resistant coating applied to the outer surfaces. All Gill Sailing Sunglasses are engineered to float.